Heavy Heart Volumes 1, 2, 3 - released! also bonus Instagram hacked? UPDATE: IG fixed!

  After a couple of roller coaster weeks with my dad in (and out) of the hospital, I didn't get much of a chance to let everyone know about the books being completed and released. I didn't get a chance to do much, honestly, other than visit him, find out what is going on and keep him company. So thanks to all the folks who were flexible with me moving their tattoo appointments around, and allowing me to take some time to be by his side.
  
  So, here is a post about them! I fully intend (over the next couple of days ) to blog about each one individually with a couple teaser pics of each volume to clear up any confusion about the 3 books. Why 3? Isn't one book enough? (no) What do the small mandalas look like? Can you use them for tattoo reference? Will they make a clean stencil? Are they fun to color? With the exception of the first question, all signs point to yes. 


Volumes 1 - 3 Heavy Heart Mandala book - Available on Amazon.com

I've produced and compiled these images with tattooing in mind. By that I mean I know how tricky/unforgiving ink & skin can be, so there was a lot of consideration kept in mind when designing these mandalas. What will hold up over time, what will reproduce well (by copier/stencil maker/hand)  and what is easy to simplify enough to make a clean readable tattoo. Also things to consider - is the book easy to open all the way to place on a copier, and run a stencil off of? Yes.  I hope to post a photo break down of the copy/ stencil process soon as well. 

Each volume is slightly different - I will go further into individual descriptions in the next 3 blog posts.



Volume 1 (Pink💖) has 52 mandalas - circular and symmetrical. With one image per page- many of these images range from "easy" to "intermediate" in difficulty. 
Heavy Heart Volume 1



Volume 2 (💛yellow) is 44 pages - 110+ smaller mandalas and geometric flowers. There are some pages with a single mandala on a page but most pages have anywhere from 2,3,4 and sometimes 5 images on them. 
Heavy Heart Volume 2 

Volume 3 (💙blue) is 40 pages of "intermediate" to "difficult" as far as complexity is concerned. The pages consist of one mandala per page, and some 3/4 and full page images. 
Heavy Heart Volume 3 

    Altogether combined within the 3 books there are a little over 200 images. Each image is printed on a single sheet, to maximize presentation and prevent bleed when working with materials like pen, gel pen, marker. Though the paper itself is a good medium weight, I recommend using a scrap piece of paper or thin cardboard as a precaution against marker/pen bleed. I will be posting lots of images soon of completed mandalas from the books, if you have any and care to share feel free to tag me in them!  I have a separate Instagram account strictly for the coloring books - please follow @mindhandstudios for updates.

   UPDATE: 9/4/17 Instagram restored my account in full. **
On a side note I don't know why but my Instagram " kimmythehun " has locked me out/user not found/unable to log me in. No clue what is going on. I don't violate TOS and don't post anything other than tattoos, drawings, and sometimes my dogs. I've changed my password and contacted their non existent customer service (and I roll my eyes) Hopefully I can recover the account - Im kind of stressing it!!

So if you have found this blog and wish to stay updated, get in touch for a tattoo or look at other artwork/ my tattoo portfolio... Im gonna lay it all out for you :

     Website: www.kimzilla.com
 Instagram (broken??):   kimmythehun
mandala & coloring book Instagram: mindhandstudios
Twitter (a lot of nonsense from me, really) kimmythehun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more attempts at traditional tattoo flash style designs...with bonus Skyrim screenshots

Heavy Heart Mandala Book Volume 1 - preview and sneak peeks

watercolor tattoo flash style - 2 Deadly Sins show submissions