Its ALIVE (!?) WTF a new blog post

Man it has been a long time since I posted - uh, like 3 years! ALOT has happened, but at the same time, many things are still the same. I am working in West Virginia again, at Boomtown Tattoo in Martinsburg, WV

I finally published my mandala book - Heavy Heart (Volume 1)  I have enough material for Vol 2 and damn near finished with Vol 3's mandalas. Once I have enough for #3, I'll file the copyright paperwork and proceed with publishing. Yes its a coloring book, and its got 52 symmetrical mandalas that are also great for tattoo reference. The pages are a medium weight paper and the designs are readable enough to color, yet not get over whelmed.

It's really inexpensive considering there are 52 mandalas - You can purchase your own copy here: Heavy Heart - Mandala Book on Amazon.com




I am playing around with stop motion animation, which you can check out on my YouTube channel 
or enjoy this short clip I made a few weeks ago - its completely silent and happens to be the last video I made with my old tablet mount.  I modified a new mount, so things are a bit more steady now.
If you like it and want to see more, please subscribe to my channel!





Im still painting (not enough) and drawing (also not enough) tattooing (enough) and living and breathing so those are all great things. Of course Id like to throw myself further into my artwork, more and more each day. Which, some days, by shutting out the world - it works out exactly how I want it to.

My website is still kicking, there may be some new artwork & prints available on there - so feel free to visit it! its www.kimzilla.com

I have also been working toward some personal goals, trying to focus on my physical health and also fighting a never ending battle with anxiety & depression. Coming to grips with the fact that I DO struggle with certain things, and its ok to struggle. Struggle is good. Struggle builds character.

I truly want to start an Agoraphobics Anonymous club but as my bff pointed out, no-one will show up. Hmph. Ok now what?

Actual photo of me

I hesitate to write about things that are personal to me because
  1. Im not really into over sharing online. I think it gets ridiculous with how much info people put out, and despite some of the things that come out of my mouth, I can be a very private person. I need a lot of SPACE around me. Figuratively and literally.
  2.  I don't have much of a filter. Im also stubborn and my opinions aren't up for debate or discussion. I feel the way I feel and I don't have to explain myself to anyone.
 3. But INTERNET DEBATE-  Its like a fuckin part time job for some people. Look in the comments section of any Facebook post, article, whatever- and its plain to see, people LOVE to chime in on shit, dissect, and pick apart stuff. Even after unfollowing 95% of "liked" things and friends on FB, I still get sucked into lashing out sometimes. There are a few other reasons I have hesitated for a while blogging, or vlogging. Im sure they will come up at a later time.

Any way, thats it for now. Im off to get tits deep into some other thing thats going to keep me up too late.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more attempts at traditional tattoo flash style designs...with bonus Skyrim screenshots

Heavy Heart Mandala Book Volume 1 - preview and sneak peeks

watercolor tattoo flash style - 2 Deadly Sins show submissions