April 22nd recent paintings and happenings

So alot of people know I took a medical leave in March now and 6 weeks later I am just getting back to tattooing full time. I have faced my worst fears (doctors, needles, hospitals, anesthesia, and even surgery) and am a better and healthier person for it. I am so used to getting bloodwork now...Years ago I couldnt even have blood taken. I would avoid bloodwork (and the doctor...and the dentist!) at all costs, even to my own detriment. I had a serious case of "white coat syndrome". Thanks to a great doctor, surgical experience and all the nurses and people who looked after me, I have a different outlook today. And of course, thanks to my compulsive Googling to find out "the real deal" and answer all of my ridiculous and incessant questions. Are you curious to know what procedure I had done? Im sure you are! Here are some possible scenarios:

1. Head from Ass removal
2. Foot & Hand transplant (the ol' switcheroo)
3. Transcranial Barbell Implantation (skull piercing)
4. Triple F Breast Implants
5. Reverse Frontal Lobotomy (they actually put more brains in)
6. Bloodletting with leeches
7. Removal of Tapeworm (extreme dieting!)
8. Shock treatment

The answer..is all 8. at once. Thats why it took 6 weeks for me to get back to work. So now Im rested and feeling much better! And the best part is Im back to tattooing! My favorite thing in the world!

While I was off I painted a bit and did some fun (and relaxing) things. I also revamped my website, if you would like to check it out you can do so here

www.kimzilla.com
check it out!
I got some new business cards printed up!

I like these!

 I did some paintings!
All of them are watercolor on Arches. Specifically Dr Martins watercolor. They are spitshaded on tea stained Arches 140lb colr press. I am a fan of the tea stain. Some people dont care for it.  Ive seen some really cool examples and if I had my way I would do them to the point of 'overdone', but whatever. The Bone Mandala is watercolor & acrylic. I have heard lots of good things about Waverly Liquid Acrylics but have yet to try them (but i will...soon!)

8x11 Dagger and geometric flowers , also made into my new business card design


9x12? i cant remember. did this for an art show at Cirque Du Rouge in Washington DC  - SOLD

11x14 did this for fun- many mandalas!

5x7 I gave this one to my dad. One of my favorites- nfs

5x7 Did this for an art show at The Body Gallery in Sterling VA - SOLD


8x8 Did this for a very hardworking tattooer Mike Walker at Tried & True Tattoo in Front Royal, VA



11x14 I did this for another very hardworking tattooer, Jon Berst at No Tomorrow Tattoo in Charles Town, WV
 I am kind of burnt out on paintings right now, but that will probably last a couple more days. I have a couple more I want to do for people and a couple ideas brewing but I have to get back drawing for tattoos.

And I have stickers being made right this very second! Here is what they will look like...recognize these ?

 
well...do ya want one?
They will be at the shop as soon as they come in. Please feel free to come by, say hi, and pick one up! If you live out of town and would like a couple please send me a S.A.S.E. ( Here is how to send a self addresses stamped envelope, for all you youngins) 

to: Kim Taylor 
No Tomorrow Tattoo
105 South Lawrence Street
Charles Town, WV 25414

and I will be happy to send you some as soon as I get your envelope. Make sure to send a s.a.s.e.! (unless  we've made other arrangements).  Some of you may be thinking...Kim...you were working in Front Royal not too long ago, now youre in Charles Town? WTf!?

Yes, I am working in Charles Town! I am in the pursuit of happiness and will always go where it takes me! Also, Im a grown ass woman, I do what I want. :-)

Thats it for now, thanks for reading!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more attempts at traditional tattoo flash style designs...with bonus Skyrim screenshots

Heavy Heart Mandala Book Volume 1 - preview and sneak peeks

watercolor tattoo flash style - 2 Deadly Sins show submissions