and in the baconning...

Ive started and dropped this blog about 4 times over the past couple of years mostly because its a pain in the ass to make time to do but I think I figured it out. Im a tattooist by trade but I do alot of other stuff art related that serve many a' purpose. 1. keeping me sane. you know when you have an idea or feeling that you just cant shake? making art (we'll call it "art" for claritys sake, and "making shit" doesnt have the same...uh. effect) cleans my brain out, to be blunt. 2. It keeps the good creative part of my brain moving , Id rather make something, paint something, draw something etc than rot in front of the tv. when i keep my brain on a creative kick or at least feed into it when it hits, it makes me feel like I am getting better at being an artist. 3. Its expressive. Im a pretty vocal and outspoken person. I have alot of opinions, and like everyone else I like to express myself. so, tattoos are for you, making art is for me.

I never went to school for art, i didnt have money for that...i stumbled into tattooing and ended up staying for some time (10 years). so ive always looked at it like i am at a disadvantage as far as design, color theory, light and shadow, etc , all that shit you learn in school. well the only way to even the odds is to apply yourself because it aint gonna land in your lap. SO that being said I like to paint. and draw (not much...i draw for work so when im home and doing things i purposely avoid it) , ive been on a collage kick lately. picking up cheap frames and yanking whatever was in there - OUT and making a collage to fit. I also like to creep around thrift stores for stuff to paint. I really dig religious figures, heavy, old, sterile looking ones and repainting them. I dont know where this comes from, but I like it, so I do it.

Im SUPER into gardening, plants and horticulture. so there will probably be some of that shit in here too because i have a yard that needs alot of love and Kimmy-attention. so yeah, basically Im gonna update this like a "look what i did today" type of thing for creative projects that i enjoy outside of the studio. and basically all ive done today is work on my website which still has a few kinks to work out but the meat and potatoes are there, just no butter. I dont have any pictures of the website but you can go there if youd like, feedback is appreciated (as long as I agree with you ) >:-)

KIMZILLA.COM

Comments

  1. You are very talented, I think you will sell many things to come. Your blog is great, all the art is amazing. Greetings from Australia and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I like you and your wife's art as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

more attempts at traditional tattoo flash style designs...with bonus Skyrim screenshots

Heavy Heart Mandala Book Volume 1 - preview and sneak peeks

watercolor tattoo flash style - 2 Deadly Sins show submissions