Speed Drawing a *new* Etsy Post and Spring!

Hi everyone! Its been a while since my last update (and that's my favorite opening line...) Im still grinding away with side projects when Im not tattooing. Notebooks full of ideas, list making (and crossing-off) and making lists of lists :-)

Ive been developing my Etsy store - and making printable coloring pages in addition to the coloring books I have out. Im really digging it because it takes a few months to make/edit/compile the content for a coloring book, with print and color designs, there is no wait. Because I get impatient too! I have about 3 or 4 coloring books Ive started and stalled because of time/other projects. So right now, I'm having a lot of fun with being able to create something, upload the files and make them available for IMMEDIATE download! If you are into printable coloring pages for you, your kids or your class room please follow me on Etsy - find me under "MindHandStudios"
 Right now everything in my store is 15% OFF until April 1st.

So here's a quick speed drawing clip of the making of one of the most recent pages I put on Etsy. It went from rough sketch (red airbrush), to layers (blue turning to black) and the final.

In the clip Im using my iPad and Procreate. Once I realized Procreate could record your drawing (tools>video>time lapse recording) I became obsessed with watching the progress. If you like to watch the process, check out the video!

What do you think?  Do you like watching the process or does seeing how its done take some of the magic away? Myself personally I love the process. Even when viewing paintings in galleries I can't help but get close and look for pencil marks, clues or "mistakes" on the canvas (evidence a real person made such a polished piece)

What else? Im running a sale on Amazon as well, each of my mandala coloring books are on sale right now for Spring. Please take a look at my Amazon page!

Im also working on something that will be beneficial to fellow tattooers - stay tuned for that. Also more mandala books. Also some other types of books lol And some more time lapse animation videos! Thats one thing I REALLY enjoy that I don't make time for. I fully expect to resume full throttle creative mode once I finish (?) Red Dead Redemption 2 ;-)

I think thats it for now! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more attempts at traditional tattoo flash style designs...with bonus Skyrim screenshots

Heavy Heart Mandala Book Volume 1 - preview and sneak peeks

Heavy Heart Volumes 1, 2, 3 - released! also bonus Instagram hacked? UPDATE: IG fixed!